What products are covered by ETON’s limited Warranty?
The limited Warranty (the “Warranty”) applies to ETON products purchased from an authorized dealer by end customers in the European Economic Area or Switzerland (“Territorial Scope”).
What is the validity period of ETON’s Warranty?
Under this Warranty, ETON warrants, for a period of 2 years, that the product is free from defects in material and/or workmanship at the time of the original purchase. This 2-year period commences on the date of the original purchase as per the original invoice or until receipt. If you have purchased the product as a consumer, and the defect is identified within the first six months after the original purchase (see above), we will assume that the defect already existed at the time of purchase.
Who can claim under the Warranty?
ETON grants the limited Warranty to natural persons only, who purchased the relevant product primarily for personal use.
What is covered by the Warranty?
ETON warrants that the product is free from defects in material and/or workmanship at the time of the original purchase. ETON does not, however, provide a warranty covering every defect and damage that may occur. It only covers the hardware components of the device, and in no event the software used with the device, regardless if this was provided by ETON or the third-party vendor. The Warranty therefore does not cover the following cases, in particular:
- normal wear and tear (such as to surfaces and protective coverings);
- superficial damage, such as scratches, dents, and damaged plastic, worn or mechanically defective connections;
- misuse, including any treatment resulting in physical or superficial damage, such as a cosmetic defect, to the product;
- damage caused by connecting or using the product for a purpose other than those specified, or a failure to observe the operating and/or installation instructions for the particular model;
- installation or use of the product contrary to the applicable technical standards, or the safety regulations in the country in which the product is installed or used;
- damage caused through an unauthorized attempted repair, or an attempted repair by someone other than a ETON authorized service partner;
- damage caused by modifications to the product not expressly authorized by the manufacturer;
- damage caused by malicious code (“Software Viruses”) or by using software not supplied with the product or which was incorrectly installed;
- use of third party vendor software programs for editing, modifying, adapting, or extending ETON’s authorized software components as are run on the product;
- use of third-party vendor firmware/operating system software
- damage caused by liquids or chemicals of whatever type, and/or excessive temperatures, moisture, or damp;
- accidents, drops or other such effects of extreme accelerating forces;
- damage caused by lightning strikes, electrostatic charge, incorrect operating voltage, water, fire, force majeure, inadequate ventilation for other reasons for which ETON is not responsible;
- damage caused by using the device outside of the defined specifications;
- damage caused by using the product with other systems or devices, which are not designed to be used with this product;
- adjustments or modifications without ETON‘s prior written approval, including product upgrades extending beyond the specifications or characteristics described in the operating manual;
- modifications of the product for the purpose of adapting it to national or local technical norms or safety standards of countries for which the product was not expressly designed or manufactured;
- using service or spare parts not produced or distributed by ETON;
- using the product in connection with accessories not approved for use with this product;
ETON, moreover, does not warrant (expressly, implicitly, statutorily, or otherwise) the quality, performance, reliability or suitability of the product for a particular purpose except as described, nor the software/firmware installed on the device ex works. No warranty service will be provided, moreover, if the model number/serial number/UUID/product number on the product is changed, erased, made illegible or removed. The same applies if the receipt or invoice is incomplete and/or illegible when presented.
Is ETON liable for other defects or damage?
ETON will repair or replace products, only if they are covered by the terms of this Warranty. ETON is not liable for any material or intangible loss or damage such as the price paid for the product, loss of profits, revenue, data, or relating to the enjoyment of the product or components associated with it, arising directly or indirectly under this Warranty or otherwise in relation to products or services. This likewise applies to loss or damage relating to the impairment or operational failure of the product, or devices associated with it, caused by defects or the non-availability of the product during the time it is with ETON or ETON’s service partner, as well as to periods of downtime and business interruptions. In addition, ETON does not accept any liability for shipment-related risks - such as the loss or destruction of the product - in connection with the fulfilment of the Warranty.
This disclaimer applies to losses of damage irrespective of the legal basis, especially on the grounds of negligence, other wrongful conduct (torts), breach of contract, express or implied guarantees, and strict liability (even if ETON or its service partner has been advised of the possibility of such damage occurring).
If these disclaimers are prohibited or limited under the applicable law, ETON will limit its Warranty and liability to the extent permissible under the applicable regulations. For example, some national laws prohibit the exclusion or limiting of damages payable in connection with negligence, gross negligence, willful wrongdoing, deceitful conduct, and other such acts. For the duration of this Warranty, all liability that cannot be excluded completely will be limited to the extent permissible under the applicable law. Liability under this Warranty is limited to the price paid for the product. If the applicable law only permits higher limits on any liability, this higher limitation will apply.
How do I exercise my Warranty rights?
If you want to exercise your entitlements under this Warranty, please contact the authorized dealer where the product was purchased, and present it with the original copy of the till receipt or invoice. Do not return any products to ETON directly, otherwise our Warranty obligations cannot be fulfilled. You will find the name of the relevant dealer or reseller on your proof of purchase.
Defective devices sent by the authorized dealer to the service center, must also be accompanied by any accessories with a logical connection to the observed fault. This means, for example, the navigation package on an SD or microSD card supplied or purchased with the device, if problems or functional errors were observed in connection with the navigation function.
How will ETON fulfil its Warranty?
ETON or its service partner will choose to either repair or replace the product or its defective parts covered by the Warranty, and assume the costs of material and labor in doing so.
Repairs under the Warranty must be carried out by ETON or its authorized service partner. Products that are repaired or replaced may contain new and/or refurbished components and devices. Components that are swapped out will become the property of ETON.
Will I incur any costs in connection with the Warranty service?
ETON assumes the costs of material and labor in connection with its Warranty service. The Warranty holder is responsible for the costs of shipment and bears the risks connected with the shipment (see above). If the product is found to be operating faultlessly, or there is no warranty entitlement because the warrant period has expired or for any other reason, ETON or its authorized service partner will be entitled to charge a flat-rate investigation fee of €30.00.
Do this Warranty affect my statutory or contractual rights?
This Warranty is made voluntarily by ETON, and it will, in any case, extend your statutory rights. As a consumer, you remain fully entitled to your statutory rights, such as the statutory guarantee. This Warranty also has no effect whatsoever on your contractual rights against the reseller. You may continue to exercise these rights in full.